Soccer Tactics DVD: Ball-oriented Defense
Soccer Tactics DVD:
Ball-oriented Defense – Introduction Basic Defense Formations
- Duration: 57 Minutes
- Presenter: Ralf Peter (DFB coach and educator)
- Editorial Direction: Erich Rutemöller (former DFB Director of Coaching)
This DVD shows how to start teaching the basics of ball-oriented defense (providing support, covering teammates, double teaming on the player with the ball) at the 11- and 12-year-old age level.
For more advanced players, it also present a step-by-step procedure for introducing defense formations, using the back four as an example.
The third part of this DVD contains exercises developed specially to teach individual and group defense tactics.
- Using small-sided games to teach tactics (games in which one team outnumbers the other)
- Teaching the back four step by step; basic movements, back four against attacking formation with two forwards cooperation with midfield and goalkeeper.
- Teaching ball-oriented defense step by step: basic individual tactics, defending in pais, fending in groups of three.